The First Feature program at Reel Asian is designed exclusively for filmmakers who are in the pre-production phase for their first feature film or web series.
The program offers participants access to the 2018 Reel Asian Film Festival programming, invite-only bootcamp, the Reel Ideas Conference, and select Reel Ideas programming post-festival.
Similar to Reel Asian’s So You Think You Can Pitch? competition, First Feature is streamlined to support participants in developing their project, funding applications, networking tactics, and help bridge the gap from short film production to feature film or web series production.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants:
- Key members of the creative team must be emerging talent: they must have previously produced, directed and/or written at least one short film but cannot have previously held the same key position in a feature length film.
- Key members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents above the age of majority.
- Have a feature film or web series project in pre-production.
Reel Asian is a recognized partner of the Telefilm Canada’s Talent to Watch Program. All First Feature participants are eligible to apply for this program which supports the funding of First Feature Films and Web Projects from Emerging Filmmakers.
- Sept 1 – Submissions open
- Sept 26 – Submissions close
- Oct 30 – Bootcamp
- Nov 15 – Reel Ideas Conference
- Nov 8 – 16 – 22nd Reel Asian Film Festival
Application deadline is September 26, 2017 at 11:59PM.
Please make sure you complete the application form below in full. For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.