1. Inside Out OUTTv Post-Production Fund, Sept 30
Inside Out, in partnership with OUTtv, has established a new fund to support emerging and established Canadian filmmakers and video artists to complete post-production work on their film and video projects. The fund’s aim is to provide financial assistance to Canadian lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and transgender videomakers and filmmakers whose work is consistent with the goals of Inside Out. Submissions are accepted for documentary, educational, narrative, animation, and experimental projects by or about lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and transgender people and their communities.
Deadline Extended: Friday, September 30, 2011
Download the application form here: http://www.insideout.ca/21/ioo.php
Grants will be awarded in the range of $500 to $3,000 per project.
2. Ontario Arts Council (OAC), Oct 3 and Nov 15
Attention Media Artists: Mid-Career and Established (Individuals’ Deadline)
PURPOSE: To provide production grants to artists working with film, video and digital media as independent artist-controlled art forms.
ELIGIBILITY: This program is open to Ontario-based professional media artists who have completed at least two independent works. Projects with budgets of $300,000 or less, in the following categories, are eligible: documentary, drama, experimental, animation, dance film/video, media art installation, new media and any fusion thereof.
Deadline: October 3, 2011 http://www.arts.on.ca/Page96.aspx
and November 15, 2011 http://www.arts.on.ca/Page121.aspx
3. Planet in Focus, The Green Pitch: Perfecting the Art of the Pitch for Environmental Filmmaking, Sep 23
$5500 Cash/Service Funding Available**
The Planet in Focus Green Pitch is an opportunity to pitch your idea to the people with the power to give your project the green light. With broadcasters, producers and established filmmakers on board to lend their insight, this pitch session will give participants the opportunity to test their green story ideas in front of creative professionals.
Gain invaluable first-hand feedback as pitches are presented for the chance to win $5,500.00 in development funding and services**! The winning filmmaker will be announced during the Industry Reception that follows.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, September 23 at 5:00 pm*
* Received by e-mail www.planetinfocus.org
** $2,000 cash + $3,500 worth of production services
Full details and application form online at: http://planetinfocus.org/film-festival/industry/green-pitch-submissions/
4. WIFT’s Kodak New Vision Mentorship, Aug 24 5pm
The Kodak New Vision Mentorship provides one Canadian female director with the opportunity to prepare for the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) through an intensive business mentorship. The winner also receives a post-festival mentorship with an established director.
Laurie May, Co-President, Maple Pictures
Post-TIFF Director/Mentor TBA
- Preparation for the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival with an experienced industry professional
- Post-TIFF sessions with an established director
- Complimentary TIFF registration and access to professional seminars and training
- $5,000 off the purchase of Kodak Motion Picture film stock and a Kodak digital camera valued at $500
- Announcement of mentorship winner at the WIFT-T Reception @ TIFF
- Presentation at the Crystal Awards Gala Luncheon
- Guidance for post-TIFF follow-up
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 5:00PM EDT
For guidelines, application and full details visit: http://wift.com/2011/08/2011-kodak-new-vision-mentorship-deadline