ImagineNATIVE pitch competition deadline for submissions is September 16!
Do you have a great idea for a pilot episode of a series drama (30 or 60 min), OR a feature, short or series documentary?
FOUR documentary pitch contestants & FOUR drama pitch contestants will be selected by imagineNATIVE’s Programming Committee to receive a free, six-hour intensive “How to Pitch” workshop with a broadcasting industry professional. This workshop will provide invaluable insight and instruction on the pitching process and advice on improving individual pitch ideas. The intensive workshop will take place on Wednesday, October 20th at the Miles Nadal JCC.
Each pitch will then be presented to the panel of commissioning editors and acquisitions executives during the festival’s “Pitch Competition for Dramatic Works” and “Documentary Pitch Competition” on Friday, October 22nd.
The panel will select one winner from each category. Best Documentary Pitch winner will receive a $500 CASH PRIZE FROM CBC NEWS NETWORK and Best Drama Pitch winner will receive a $5,000 DEVELOPMENT DEAL WITH APTN. Each of the winners will also receive a $2500 gift voucher from William F. White for production equipment, and a $500 gift certificate from Technicolor for postproduction services (valid for one-year). The winners will be announced at the imagineNATIVE Closing Night Awards, Sunday, October 24th.
How to Submit:
· Fill out an online submission form at www.imagineNATIVE.org
· Email it to pitch@imagineNATIVE.org
* The producer or director representing the pitch project must be Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, Inuit, other world Indigenous) and a Canadian resident.
* Pitch teams must be in Toronto for both the training session on October 20th and the pitching session October 22nd.
* Applications must be received by email to pitch@imagineNATIVE.org no later than Thursday, Sept. 16th, 2010. Please combine the documents into one word or pdf, if possible. Visual support material may also be forwarded.
* You may submit your pitch ideas to each category.
* You may pitch individually or as a team
Please note: Travel and other expenses are not covered by imagineNATIVE.
Lunch and one All-Access Delegate Pass will be provided to the selected mentees.
If you have further questions, please email
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, September 16, 2010.
Applicants will be notified by Oct 1, 2010 on the status of their application