The Inside Out LGBT Film Festival is celebrating its 26th edition in 2016 and they’re looking for a dynamic Festival Assistant to join their team!
The selected candidate will be working full-time from the end of January to the middle of June. Deadline to apply: December 18, 2015
Inside Out, presenter of the annual Toronto LGBT Film Festival, is seeking a creative, dynamic and enthusiastic Festival Assistant to support the senior staff team with managing the daily operations of the organization and its initiatives for the 2016 Festival. The Festival Assistant position reports to the Director of Operations and Events.
• Coordinates office volunteers including: overseeing staff needs, recruitment, orientation, scheduling and appreciation
• Assists Director of Operations and Events in the coordination of Special events
• Assists the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator with the development and coordination of the Festival’s Community Screening Sponsors program
• Assists the Director of Corporate Sales with coordinating program guide ads and screening slides
• Serves as Project Coordinator for the production of the Festival’s program guide, including managing deadlines, information collection, fact-checking, and liaising with Guide graphic designer.
• Assists in the coordination and solicitation of annual Silent Auction items
• Assists Development Manager with membership package preparation and mailing in April
• Assists with office systems management (database, phones, computers, printer, fax)
• General office administration including: annual Inside Out archives, oversee office supply/stationary ordering, etc.
• Coordinates and distributes all internal communications including staff meeting agendas, meeting minutes, general office communications and, during the Festival, daily staff memos.
• Provides additional administrative support to senior staff members as required.
• Previous administrative experience is required
• Experience working in the non-profit arts and/or event management sector is required
• Previous marketing and promotion experience is an asset
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills (Mac environment) and knowledge of software programs including Microsoft Office (including Excel and Word), FileMaker Pro, Sumac, Photoshop
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
Term of Contract
This is a fulltime contract position beginning January 25, 2016 and continuing through to June 10, 2016.
Remuneration: $600 per week
Deadline for applications is Friday December 18, 2016. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter (as attachments. Please do not embed in body of email), indicating where you saw the posting by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Festival Assistant Position” in the subject line of the email.
Inside Out is committed to access and equity, which includes a commitment to achieve diversity among its staff, board and other volunteers. We encourage applicants who reflect the broad diversity of the LGBT communities and communities that we work with, in particular those who are members of the Aboriginal, ethno-racial and trans communities.
For more information about Inside Out, please visit our website at www.insideout.ca