Intern opportunity at imagineNATIVE: imagineNATIVE Correspondent with CBC.ca
Deadline to apply: October 8
imangineNATIVE has an exciting and unique career-building opportunity for one Aboriginal youth (age 18-27) interested in gaining journalism skills at this year’s imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival. Learn how to cover special events for one of Canada’s leading news sources, and gain hands on training and invaluable job skills.
imagineNATIVE is seeking one young, Aboriginal intern who will write about their experience at this year’s imagineNATIVE Festival. Individual will be selected to provide coverage of the 5-day festival (Oct. 20-24 in Toronto). The individual selected will work directly with selected mentors from CBC News and mediaINDIGENA who will be providing daily live coverage of festival events. Additionally, the selected intern will be linked to a CBC.ca staff that will oversee and edit their daily coverage. The selected correspondent will be provided with an all-access pass to the festival, and be assigned to cover select special events and screenings at the festival. Interviews with artist will be arranged, and coverage will be posted daily on the CBC.ca/arts and CBC.ca/ aboriginal websites.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-27;
- Applicants must be of Aboriginal background (from anywhere in the world);
- Applicants must be living in Toronto, or be in Toronto for the duration of the festival (October 20-24, 2010) — please note, subsidy will not be provided for out of town applicants;
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in journalism, writing, or film.
- Send your personal bio along with up to a one page explanation of why you should be selected as the imagineNATIVE Correspondent for CBC News;
- Send your resume/CV outlining your experience in journalism and/or film;
- Send a .jpg image of yourself (if possible);
- Send your complete contact information, including email, mailing address, and phone number. Please also include your Indigenous affiliation.
Applications may be emailed to Correspondent@imagineNATIVE.org, sent via fax to 416-585-2313, or delivered to the imagineNATIVE office (by October 8th) to:
ATTN: Correspondent – CBC
imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 349
For further information about this opportunity, contact Kerry Potts at kpotts@imagineNATIVE.org or (416) 585-2333.