This has been an exciting year for TIFF that has been marked by the opening of TIFF Bell Lightbox, our new home and the world’s premiere centre for film. This year continues to produce excitement as new programming is offered in TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto’s cultural history.
The Sponsorship Team is responsible for developing and growing corporate partnerships to generate revenue opportunities for TIFF, including TIFF Bell Lightbox and Toronto International Film Festival. This position, reporting to Manager, Sponsorship & Advertising, is one of six account holder positions and is responsible for all realms of sponsor servicing at TIFF, including maintaining a portfolio of accounts.
This position is suited for an individual with some knowledge and a desire to learn more about sponsorship, promotion and marketing practices. We are looking for candidates who possess a strong customer service orientation, attention to detail and a willingness to learn quickly and be part of a busy team.
• Source, recruit and renew sponsors;
• Oversee and support the execution of sponsor benefits and activation programmes
• Work with support teams to ensure deliverables are met against agreements
• Manage the sign-off process and proper crediting for all internal materials with sponsor logos
• Track, report and contribute to expense/revenue budget management
• Create contracts and invoices for assigned accounts and support accounts in a timely manner
• Develop and format sales materials;
• Assist with supplier product allocation and distribution for TIFF events
• Supervise volunteers on various tasks as required;
• Assist with departmental fulfillment tasks
• Some evening and weekend hours during peak event periods required
In all matters relating to sponsorship, the Sponsorship Coordinator will ensure that all information is handled in an ethical and confidential manner.
Start Date: Wednesday, January 26th, 2011
• Minimum 1 year of sponsorship or relevant partnership sales experience
• Related post-secondary education
• Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated; works independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Experience working with or for a not-for-profit organization is an asset
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a polished manner
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on December 13th, 2010 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of: Hiring Committee: Sponsorship Coordinator
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF gratefully acknowledges the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario, for its support of organization-wide human resource initiatives.