Reel Asian is looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals to join the Marketing Committee with an interest in Asian film and previous experience in public relations, marketing or communications. Marketing Committee volunteers will excel at building relationships with community organizations and possess the knowledge and skills to promote the festival through online communications and social media.
Application Deadline: July 1st, 2011.
The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival (Reel Asian) is Canada’s largest
pan-Asian film festival showcasing films and videos by East and Southeast Asian artists
from Canada, US and around the world. This year Reel Asian celebrates its 15th year
with 8 days of film screenings, industry panels, parties and special events so mark your
calendars! Reel Asian takes place November 8-13 in Toronto and November 18-19 in
Marketing Committee volunteers are an integral part in creating public awareness and
attracting audiences to attend the festival. The committee will work closely with the
Marketing Committee Chair and Director of Marketing to develop and implement
marketing strategies for the 2011 festival.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Reel Asian is looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals to join the Marketing
Committee with an interest in Asian film and previous experience in public relations,
marketing or communications. Marketing Committee volunteers will excel at building
relationships with community organizations and possess the knowledge and skills to
promote the festival through online communications and social media.
- Brainstorm and develop marketing and publicity opportunities
- Identify and steward at least 3 potential community partnerships with a local or national organization (arts, cultural, ethnic), Toronto-based student group (film studies, Asian studies) or media outlet
- Promote Reel Asian through social media networks leading up to and during festival (ie. Facebook, Twitter, film blogs)
- Encourage attendance using promotional offers and completing at least 10 ticket purchases
- Strategically distribute marketing materials (postcards, posters, program guides, brochures) to specific Toronto neighbourhoods
- Attend Reel Asian press conference and other events as required to act as a
- Reel Asian representative (eg. running contests at Reel Asian Co-Presentations, distributing marketing materials at 3 rd party outreach events)
- Attend all scheduled meetings (if unavailable, must submit updates to Marketing Committee Chair prior to meeting)
- Report progress and marketing research at each meeting
- Screening vouchers for 2011 festival
- Invitation to Opening and Closing night party
- Post-festival volunteer appreciation party
- Letter of reference (upon request)
Committee meetings will be held once a month July to September and twice a month
October to November. Meetings will take place in-person at 401 Richmond St W.
Tentative Meeting Schedule:
• Thurs, July 21, 6:00PM-8:00PM
• Thurs, Aug 18, 6:00PM-8:00PM
• Thurs, Sept 15, 6:00PM-8:00PM
• Thurs, Oct 6, 6:00PM-8:00PM
• Thurs, Oct 20, 6:00PM-8:00PM
• Thurs, Nov 3, 6:00PM-8:00PM
Marketing Committee volunteers contribute approximately 2 hours a week from July to
August during the planning period and approximately 4 hours a week during the key
festival period October to November.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to Louanne Chan, Director of Marketing at
email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for
interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: July 1st, 2011
For more information about Reel Asian, visit www.reelasian.com.