The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival (Reel Asian) is Canada’s largest pan-Asian film festival showcasing films and videos by South, East and Southeast Asian artists from Canada, US and around the world. This year Reel Asian celebrates its 18th year with 10 days of film screenings, industry panels, parties and special events so mark your calendars! Reel Asian takes place November 6-16, 2012 in Toronto and Richmond Hill.
The Transportation Coordinator will work closely with the Festival Operations Driver to execute the master movement plan, as designed and revised by the Operations Manager (OM) for the 2014 festival.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Highly detail-oriented
- Proficient in a Mac environment
- Driver’s license and clean driving record preferred but not required
- Prior film festival experience preferred, particularly in logistics
- Knowledge of Toronto, geography and landmarks
- Strong communication skills
- Able to represent Reel Asian professionally
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under changing conditions and tight timelines
- Takes initiative to problem solve
- Accompany the Festival Operations Driver in the execution of the master movement plan.
- Work with the OM to support/execute changes to the plan as necessary.
- Help move and transport festival assets – job may require some lifting and could involve late hours.
- Other duties as required
An honorarium will be provided upon completion of contract. Reel Asian provides the vehicle and pays for gas, parking and other reasonable expenses.
Generally no more than 12 hours between first pick-up and last drop-off of the day, from November 3 to November 14, 2014. There is often a lot of down time throughout the day between transport runs, so it isn’t 12 continuous hours of driving. The schedule is highly variable from day to day and is revised in response to changing conditions as the festival unfolds.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to Chris Chin, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information about Reel Asian, visit www.reelasian.com or call 416-703-9333.