Reel Asian is looking for enthusiastic team players with an interest in Asian film to join the Special Events Committee.
Special Events Committee volunteers play a key role in making all of the special events that take place during the festival run smoothly and successfully. These events include the Opening & Closing Night Parties, the Filmmakers Brunch, and many more.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Previous experience with event coordination or special events and familiarity with local streets and venues in the downtown area are considered an asset.
- Attend all committee meetings (if unavailable, must submit updates to the chair prior to meeting)
- Identify and brainstorm potential special event venues and opportunities
- Report updates on venue research and/or the progress of committee work at each meeting
- Carry out site visits to potential venues
- Implement Reel Asian special events as an event captain (optional)
- Work with teams of volunteers to execute the events
- Assist the Marketing Committee in promoting Reel Asian special events using social media leading up to and during festival (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, film blogs, etc.)
- Festival staff badge valid for screenings and events at the 2014 festival
- Valuable hands-on coordinating and planning experience
- “Plus-one” access for a friend to festival special events, where available
- Post-festival volunteer appreciation party
- Letter of reference (upon request)
Committee meetings will be held in-person biweekly from mid-July 2014 thru the end of September 2014 at 401 Richmond St West.
Special Events Committee volunteers contribute approximately 3 hours a month from July 2014 to September 2014. Hours contributed from October through the end of the festival will vary depending on the event schedule and the committee member’s level of involvement.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume to Stephanie Law, Special Events Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org