1. Crew Call: Short Film, “Khaathil”
Duration: 4 days shoots (Evenings, weekends)
Timing: Late August 2011
Payment: No Pay. For Credits
STORY: War torn future soldier returns home to find a battle within his own city.
CONTACT: Sang Kim
– Make Up Artist (experience with open wounds special effect)
– Director of Photography
– Sound crew
2. Crew Call: Videographer for Short Film, “Unity”
Film Title: “Unity – An Artist’s Portrait” (working title)
Project Description: We are looking for a videographer to film, direct and edit a 10 to 15 minute biography of an internationally reknown visual artist. This is a volunteer position.
Footage will include: an interview with the artist in his studio, footage of his artistic process, footage of the artist interacting with his portrait subjects (notable Canadian figures in the arts, fashion and literary communities), culminating in coverage from the exclusive VIP reception of his September exhibition, and opening during Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) week.
Interested parties, please email Melissa Allen firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and/or relevant links to previous work.
3. Special Event Internship Opportunity: Women in Film and Television – Toronto
Location: Toronto (Yonge and Eglinton)
Reports to: Programming AND Business Affairs Manager
Term: Sept 12 – November 11, 2011 (9 weeks)
Type: Internship (Unpaid)
Hours: 21 hours per week (3 days per week)
Event Description: In October 2011, WIFT-T is proud to present the International Women in Digital Media Summit (iWDMS 2011). Bringing digital and traditional media professionals from around the world together in beautiful Stratford, Ontario to explore hot issues and innovation in gaming, mobile, social media, cross media and transmedia, iWDMS 2011 is designed for content producers, theorists and decision-makers t- explore such topics as policy development, emerging trends and business models, and the role of women in digital media globally.
-Assist the WIFT-T Special Events and Programming Coordinator with planning and organizing the event in the following capacities:
– Assist in preparing Summit materials and schedules, including delegate registration materials
– Schedule and arrange hospitality and food/beverage orders for event guests, volunteers and staff
– Assist in on-site monitoring of event schedules/timelines
– Collate survey and statistical material post-event, including assisting in preparing reports
– General administrative assistance as required
Application Details: WIFT-T is a small, team-based environment and only candidates with the proven ability to work in a flexible, not-for-profit culture will be selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by 5:00PM on Monday, August 22, 2011. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email.
For a full job description: http://www.wift.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/Special-Event-Assistant2.pdf
4. Office Coordinator, full time: Cineflix Productions Inc.
Organization Description: Cineflix is one of North America’s fastest growing independent production companies with offices in Toronto, Montreal, London (UK) and Dublin (IRE). Our programmes are broadcast globally to over 60 territories and 150 broadcasters, with more than 400 hours of production.
The Role: The Office Coordinator holds responsibility for supporting our fast-paced corporate and production office. Reporting to the Office Manger, the selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day office functions and for assisting the operations team with a variety of duties.
– Highly organized and ability to multitask
– Strong communication, problem solving, and customer service skills
– Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed
– Ability to work and lead in a fast-paced team environment
– Knowledge of Macs and Microsoft Office
For a full description visit: http://www.cineflixproductions.com/jobs/140-Office-Coordinator-Toronto-Full-Time-
Please submit your resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, August 26, 2011