The ideal candidate will possess an optimal combination of the following:
- A Master’s, LLB or J.D. degree or higher.
- Significant knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to equity and will have 5-7 years of experience and a track record of demonstrably improving equity at a large, decentralized and complex institution.
- The intellectual acumen and political savvy that will facilitate credibility both internally and externally.
- The professional confidence and communication skills to effectively engage senior university leaders on what can often be contentious or delicate issues.
- A strong understanding of systemic issues and analysis, and of the legal and legislative frameworks related to equity and human rights.
- The ability to develop and communicate a compelling and credible vision for the equity agenda.
- Experience effecting organizational change, including policy, procedural, practical and behavioural change.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the capacity to listen effectively and sensitively to a broad range of diverse stakeholders, including students, faculty and staff members.
- Experience working with members of a senior leadership team working on organization-wide committees and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Substantial experience creating and leading change for policies, programs and practices with the framework of equity.
- The ability to conduct research of superior quality on improving equity at research intensive universities.
- Experience as a change agent, equity advocate and collaborator.
Information for Candidates: Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue through late May, with an anticipated successful candidate chosen by June/July.
To learn more about the opportunity or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please connect directly with Logan Atkinson, Secretary of the University of Waterloo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-888-4567 x84012.
Applications must include a cover letter describing your fit with the position and a detailed resume.