Trinity Square Video, one of Canada’s oldest and dynamic media arts centres, is looking for a POSTPRODUCTION TECHNICIAN.
At TSV, the Postproduction Technician is part of a team of dedicated staff who provide production/postproduction support to members and non-members in the GTA area. In addition to TSV’s equipment and facilities, the organization offers ongoing workshops, screenings, and programming initiatives.
Our members’ work is broadcast, screened at festivals, and exhibited in galleries. Projects developed at TSV cover a range of styles that include experimental shorts, documentaries, dramas, comedies, installation and educational videos.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support and maintenance to ensure that Trinity’s postproduction facilities and services are delivered as effectively as possible to meet members and non-members’ post-production requirements.
- Provide technical orientations and guidance to members and non-members to ensure that they can work in TSV’s multi-use facilities.
- Assist in the Postproduction needs for TSV’s programming.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Proven proficiency using Mac based equipment and software (Final Cut Pro 7 and X, Adobe CS6, internet applications).
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a busy work environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
Because of the nature of the industry, it is expected that the successful applicant is knowledgeable in current video editing technology. Related experience will be considered in addition to any degrees, certification and/or training.
- Demonstrated practical application of skills and training in video post-production.
- Experience / knowledge of contemporary video/art practices.
- Proven experience in an artist-run centre or similar not-for-profit organization.
Hours: 15 hours/ week
1 year contract
Please send a cover letter and resume along with the names of three references to email@example.com with “Hiring Committee/Postproduction in the subject line.
Applications can also be dropped off or mailed to
Trinity Square Video – HIRING COMMITTEE
401 Richmond St. West, Suite 376
Toronto, ON M5V 3A8
DEADLINE: March 28, 2013
Trinity Square Video is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from qualified individuals who reflect Toronto’s diversity. TSV thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Students who are completing or completed their 4 year degree are encouraged to apply.
TSV office hours are Monday to Friday from 10 to 6pm Meetings, events and duties outside office hours contribute to a work week of 15 hours.