Charles Street Video is looking for a summer student to fill the role of Assistant Equipment Coordinator.
Charles Street Video (CSV) is a non-profit, membership-based artist centre located in downtown Toronto. Our mandate is to provide media artists with opportunities for production and to foster an environment for the advancement of media arts practices, experimentation, and the creation of community. CSV rents editing rooms and production gear. We host resident artists, provide workshops and equipment orientations, and co-host many youth development projects, among other activities. Ours is a busy, active centre for making media art work, however you may conceive of it! We are looking for a summer student to join our team as Assistant Equipment Coordinator.
The student hired for this position would be someone interested in pursuing a career in the arts. This position will provide them with valuable experience in, and knowledge of, the contemporary media arts community in Toronto, along with the skills needed to work in an artist-run centre, the contacts to pursue an independent artistic career, and training on professional video equipment.
The employee will be exposed to professional video/digital cinema equipment and practice and they will be helping and working with Media Artists, so Contemporary Art familiarity will be an asset. They will also be helping with various administration functions of a busy arts organization.
• Assist with professional video equipment rentals
• Assist with setup of community educational programs for youth and other community groups
• Assist with Equipment Inventory
• Assist with technical support to diverse membership
• Assist with updating equipment database and equipment repair reports
• Assist with preparation of video and photos for uploading to Website
• Assist with facility move to new location
• A post‐secondary school student who is returning to school in the Fall of 2014
• Is pursuing studies in film/video/media production, arts administration contemporary art or related studies
• Has excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated administrative background
• Experience with invoices and point of sale
• The summer student will also have the opportunity to attend Charles Street Video technical workshops at no charge.
This is a very generous professional development opportunity where students will acquire employable skills within the field of film and video.
• Charles Street Video one year membership
Charles Street Video is committed to equitable hiring practices and encourages individuals from traditionally marginalized communities to apply for this position.
We invite aboriginal people; people of colour; women; LGBTQ people; members of ethnic minorities and newcomers.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday, May 23rd, 2014, 4pm.
Pay Rate: $13 per hour
Job Start and End Dates: Monday, June 16th, 2014 to Friday August 29, 2014