TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of: COORDINATOR, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Festival Programming, the Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Festival’s Artistic Director and the Festival Programming department with various administrative tasks around the programming, planning and execution of the Toronto International Film Festival.
• Coordinate and oversee daily schedule of Festival’s Artistic Director and other senior staff, as required;
• Coordinate travel arrangements and meetings for various screening trips of the Festival’s Artistic Director and other senior staff, as required;
• Answer Festival Artistic Director’s telephone and relay messages;
• Assist Senior Manager, Festival Programming with tracking department budget, including preparing the Festival Artistic Director’s expenses, producing reports and serving as the department’s administrator for TIFF’s financial software system;
• Source materials for Festival’s Artistic Director and other senior staff as required, and manage their submissions’ shelves;
• Research film titles and assist with film tracking, as directed by the Senior Manager, Festival Programming;
• Serve as a liaison for a pre-designated group of film programmers;
• Oversee three seasonal staff positions;
• Assist with administrative processes for the Festival’s screening schedule;
• Coordinate creation and sending of filmmaker certificates;
• Assist Festival Programming staff with administrative tasks as necessary;
• Write a detailed Festival Post Mortem report.
Start Date: Monday January 6, 2014
• 2-3 years work experience in arts and culture administration;
• Staff management experience;
• Knowledge of the film industry;
• Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail;
• Precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Able to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Excellent phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal strengths;
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment;
• Proficiency with computers and applications (including Microsoft Office Suite and FoxPro or similar relational database);
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends;
• Fluency in a second language considered an asset;
• Previous festival experience considered an asset;
• Degree or diploma in Film Studies or related area considered an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Wednesday, November 27 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: COORDINATOR, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer. TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.