TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) is looking for a full-time Building Operator. Application Deadline: March 25, 2011. Start Date: April 04, 2011.
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as they present unique programming in a new home and the world’s premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. Reporting to the Building Operations Manager, the Building Operator is responsible for the adequate functioning of building automation systems through manual or automated calibrations by applying preventative maintenance techniques and / or executing major / minor repairs.
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the building
• Act as a point of contact for all building and grounds related issues
• Ensure preventative maintenance is completed and documented
• Work with service providers to ensure contract obligations are met with value of service
• Conduct daily inspections of the property and take appropriate action to ensure the highest standard of maintenance
• Demonstrated ability to manage numerous tasks and activities
• 3 years relevant work experience
• Community College or Trade School training on building systems; SMT (Systems Maintenance Technician) designation or BES designation would be an asset
• Basic mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills
• Plumbing skills and abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal an written communication skills
• Must be able to lift up to 20kg unassisted, and be able to work from heights
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on FRIDAY MARCH 25, 2011 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: BUILDING OPERATOR
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
See the TIFF website for the full job posting. Please note in your cover letter that you saw this job posting on the Reel Asian Blog.