Senior Coordinator, Foundations and Special Projects. Deadline: July 16
Assistant, Location and Promotional Sales. Deadline: July 22
TITLE: Director General, Marketing and Communications
Reporting to the Government Film Commissioner and Chairperson of the NFB, the position incumbent establishes the marketing and communications strategy and objectives in connection with the strategic objectives of the NFB, in order to increase the presence, reputation and reach of the NFB brand among Canadians and global audiences. In addition to increasing business revenue, the incumbent gives priority to leveraging the prestige of the NFB’s brand image in developing partnerships. As a front-line member of the management team, the incumbent collaborates with the Government Film Commissioner and Chairperson, the Assistant Commissioner and other Director Generals.
- Develops and designs the marketing, communications and brand image global strategy directions;
- Establishes an annual marketing and communications plan that considers the brand image strategy, including the marketing of services and productions, projects and programming of the collection and its derivatives and institutional projects, in collaboration with the respective departments (production, collection management, education, partnerships and institutional events, etc.);
- Approves all marketing plans before they are implemented, and determines the public relations strategies;
- Defines performance indicators used to assess the progress of the division and of each of its units in achieving objectives;
- Develops a social media strategy that considers the reality of the digital world, and supervises the work of the team of strategists and community managers;
- Directs marketing and communications business intelligence and results analysis (traditional and Web);
- Develops and implements plans and programs to grow audiences in Canada, the U.S. and abroad;
- As a member of the management team, contributes to the development and success of the NFB’s strategic objectives;
- Manages the human, financial and material resources of the division.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing; MBA would be an asset;
- 15 years of experience in the marketing and communications sector, including at least 5 years in a senior management role in a large-scale enterprise;
- Experience managing marketing and communications activities in a wide range of distribution channels and geographies;
- Experience managing brand identity and visual identity;
- Vast experience in public relations, which over time has evolved towards social media (or vice versa);
- Excellent knowledge of digital media;
- Knowledge of the audiovisual industry, particularly with regard to production and distribution;
- Knowledge of the international, English and French-speaking markets;
- Visionary with solid knowledge of the latest developments in distribution;
- Experience in the development, budget planning and administration of marketing plans;
- Very good knowledge of the current principles, practices and techniques of managing human, financial and material resources with a particular emphasis on working collaboratively across departments;
- Evident ability to communicate orally and in writing using impeccable English and French;
- Aptitude for teamwork, skillful negotiator and an able promoter of the NFB in his/her dealings with the public.
For more information on how to apply, click here
JR. PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
(7 month full time contract)
Start Date: July 29, 2013
The Jr. Production Coordinator reports to the Production & Business Affairs Manager and the Production & Technical Coordinator. This person also works closely with the Casting Director in Residence and the Executive in Charge of Production & Post in assisting with production needs, office upkeep, and casting.
Assisting in the casting process with the Casting Director in Residence on all production exercises within the Cineplex Entertainment Film Program and Bell Media Prime Time TV program
Operating camera and DVD burner in auditions as well as in Actors Conservatory exercises
Handling AV setup for sessions and workshops (ie. DVD players, projectors, sound equipment, etc.)
Offering support to the Production & Business Affairs Manager and the Production & Technical Coordinator with various production tasks
Maintaining a clean office and kitchen space on a daily basis, ie. keep boardroom tidy, organize and upkeep filing cabinets and storage spaces
Data entry, digitizing, organizing and managing paperwork and files
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Technical knowledge of video camera operations required
Fluent with Microsoft Office is required (Mac/PC)
Knowledge of film production, set experience is an asset
Experience with casting process is an asset
Driver’s license is an asset
DATE POSTED: July 9, 2013
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 15, 2013
Please email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com with “Jr. Production Coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.