Interested in working at Reel Asian? We’re looking for a Programming Intern to join our team!
2014 Programming Intern Job Description
2014 Reel Asian Programming Intern
The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival (Reel Asian) is Canada’s largest pan-Asian film festival showcasing films and videos by Asian artists from Canada, US and around the world. This year’s festival takes place November 2014 in downtown Toronto and Richmond Hill. Reporting to the Head of Programming, the Programming Intern will be assisting in the programming department, on specific and meaningful projects and tasks in order to gain valuable career-oriented experience while providing valuable service to this charitable cultural organization.
Reel Asian’s 18th Annual Edition will take place on November 6 – 16, 2014.
May 1 – August 9, 2014
August 5 – November 16, 2014
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Pre-screening of film submissions from open call
• Providing administrative support to the Programming Department, including processing submissions
• Taking notes at Programming Committee meetings (evenings)
• Transferring archival analog films to digital formats (VHS-DVD) and ensuring quality control.
• Transcoding digital movie files and preparing them for delivery to the Technical Coordinator
• Administrative work including data entry, filing, answering phones, greeting guests, maintaining a neat and presentable office space
• Other office duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work under changing conditions and tight timelines
• Fluency in local Asian dialect and English a desired asset
• Able to represent Reel Asian professionally
• Takes initiative to problem solve
• Must be enrolled in an academic program where internship at Reel Asian is eligible for school credits*
This position qualifies for internship credits. (*Note: if you are not enrolled in an academic program that allows your placement to receive school credits, the position title will be changed to Programming Volunteer).
Please contact email@example.com with your CV and cover letter, and “ATTN: Programming Intern” on the subject line.