The Toronto International Film Festival will open its 38th edition on September 5, but their first batch of films was announced today. They already include a handful of Asian titles, with more sure to be announced as the festival approaches.
- American Dreams in China (中國合伙人), dir. Peter Chan Ho-san 陳可辛 (112min, China)
- Cold Eyes (감시자들), dirs. Jo Eui-seok 조의석 & Kim Byeong-seo 김병서 (118min, Korea)
- Like Father, Like Son (そして父になる), dir. Hirozaku Kore-Eda 是枝 裕和 (120min, Japan)
- The Lunchbox (Dabba), dir. Ritesh Batra (104min, India/France/Germany)
- Man of Tai Chi (太極俠), dir. Keanu Reeves (105min, USA/China)
- REAL (リアル 完全なる首長竜の日), dir. Kiyoshi Kurosawa 黒沢清 (127min, Japan)
- Shuddh Desi Romance (शुद्ध देसी Romance), dir. Maneesh Sharma मनीष शर्मा (runtime TBA, India)