The See Yourself Here online video contest is a nation-wide competition for all Asian Canadians.
Reel Asian is looking for videos that are 60 seconds in length or under to highlight stories about the Asian-Canadian experience. Participants from across the country are encouraged to send us a short film, animation, documentary, vlog, or any video (be creative!) that tackles one of following six themes from the perspective of an Asian Canadian.
Reel Asian offers two prizes for the See Yourself Here online video contest:
|Grand Prize:||The Grand Prize winner will be awarded flight and accommodation along with an all-access pass to experience the 22nd Reel Asian Film Festival in Toronto for 3 nights. Their video will also have a world premiere at Reel Asian and will be screened before a main program during the festival. The Grand Prize winner will be determined by a jury of industry professionals.|
|Audience Choice Award:||The video with the most ♥’s on Instagram will also have a world premiere at the 22nd Reel Asian Film Festival in November, which will be screened before a main program to local audiences.|
- Alexa Fernando – Social Media Influencer @ajfernando
- Anita Lee – Executive Producer, National Film Board of Canada
- Bhupesh Shah – Social Media Program Coordinator, Seneca College
- Brigitte Truong – Host, Cineplex VIP Pre-show & andPOP on CHCH
August 13 – 31
See contest rules below. All participants must read the Terms & Conditions in full before submitting.
- Upload your entry to Instagram via a public account between Aug 13-31
- Hashtag the entry with #ReelAsianHere
- Follow Reel Asian’s Instagram account at instagram.com/reelasian
- Complete a submission form at www.reelasian.com/seeyourselfhere
- Instagram is the official platform for See Yourself Here. All entries must be uploaded through Instagram.
- Participants must own and operate a public Instagram account. Organization-based Instagram accounts (ie. Associations, Student Clubs, Community Groups) may submit videos on behalf of members provided proper accreditation is used.
- At least one key role(Director, Cinematographer, Lead Actor/Actress, Writer) must be filled by someone currently residing in Canada that is of East Asian, Southeast Asian, or South Asian descent
- Videos must be 60 seconds in length or shorter. You may add an extra five seconds for credits and titles (optional).
- Entries can be in any language but must include English subtitles
- All participants must have all rights to the video’s content, footage, artwork, and music
- Only videos uploaded to Instagram between August 13-31 will be considered
With Support From: