The See Yourself Here online video contest is a nation-wide competition for all Asian Canadians.
Reel Asian is looking for videos that are 60 seconds in length or under to highlight stories about the Asian-Canadian experience. Participants from across the country are encouraged to send us a short film, animation, documentary, vlog, or any video (be creative!) that tackles one of following six themes from the perspective of an Asian Canadian.
- Alexa Fernando – Social Media Influencer @ajfernando
- Anita Lee – Executive Producer, National Film Board of Canada
- Bhupesh Shah – Social Media Program Coordinator, Seneca College
- Brigitte Truong – Host, Cineplex VIP Pre-show & andPOP on CHCH
August 13 – September 28
See contest rules below. All participants must read the Terms & Conditions in full before submitting.
- Upload your entry to Instagram via a public account between Aug 13 – Sept 28
- Hashtag the entry with #ReelAsianHere
- Follow Reel Asian’s Instagram account at instagram.com/reelasian
- Complete a submission form
- Instagram is the official platform for See Yourself Here. All entries must be uploaded through Instagram.
- Participants must own and operate a public Instagram account. Organization-based Instagram accounts (ie. Associations, Student Clubs, Community Groups) may submit videos on behalf of members provided proper accreditation is used.
- At least one key role(Director, Cinematographer, Lead Actor/Actress, Writer) must be filled by someone currently residing in Canada that is of East Asian, Southeast Asian, or South Asian descent
- Videos must be 60 seconds in length or shorter. You may add an extra five seconds for credits and titles (optional).
- Entries can be in any language but must include English subtitles
- All participants must have all rights to the video’s content, footage, artwork, and music
- Only videos uploaded to Instagram between August 13 – September 28 will be considered
- Audience Choice voting finishes Oct 5 at 5pm EST.
With Support From: