The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival’s UNSUNG VOICES YOUTH VIDEO PRODUCTION WORKSHOP will provide young Asian Canadians with a keen interest in film the necessary skills to express themselves as artists, learn from professionals in the field, and to produce a distinctly Asian Canadian story.
Select Asian Canadian youth, who may otherwise not be have the opportunity to engage in filmmaking, will be provided the means for producing their own film (8 mins maximum), in any genre (fiction, documentary, experimental). Each work will be produced with fellow workshop participants and within the community. The entire video collection will receive a world premiere at the 20th Annual Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival in November 2016 and may be considered for additional national and international screenings.
- There is no fee required to apply to the workshop program
- Basic production costs will be provided during the sessions
- Workshop will be conducted in downtown Toronto in July 2016 (approximately 12 workshop dates, excluding shooting days, Orientation and Final sessions)
- Participants will learn the necessary skills to complete a video production successfully:
- Technical (writing, visual storytelling, image creation, and non-linear digital editing)
- Creative (critical thinking skills about filmmaking and arts practice)
- Management (team leadership, working in groups, planning for production)
The process is intentionally multi-faceted. By encouraging new work with a uniquely Asian Canadian perspective, new media works by young filmmakers who represent the community will contribute to diverse voices and content on screen.
Complete and submit an application before Friday, June 17, 2016, 5pm!
Deadline extended! Submit your application before Monday, June 20th, 2016, 5PM!
Applications are now closed. Thank you to all the applicants of our 2016 Unsung Voices Video Production Workshop! You will hear from us soon to schedule individual interviews.
The Unsung Voices program is sponsored by: