The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival’s UNSUNG VOICES YOUTH VIDEO PRODUCTION WORKSHOP will provide young Asian Canadians with a keen interest in film the necessary skills to express themselves as artists, learn from professionals in the field, and to produce a distinctly Asian Canadian story. Youth participants, who may otherwise not have the opportunity to engage in filmmaking, will be provided the means for producing their own 8-minute (maximum), Asian Canadian video in any genre (fiction, documentary, experimental). Each work will be produced with fellow workshop participants and within the community. The entire video collection will receive a worldwide premiere at the 18th Annual Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival in November 2014 and may be considered for additional national and international screenings. The programme is presented in collaboration with Charles Street Video.
- There is no fee required to apply to the workshop program
- Basic production costs will be provided during the sessions
- Workshop will be conducted in downtown Toronto between August to early-September 2014 (approximately 12 workshop dates, excluding shooting dates and final sessions)
- Participants will learn the necessary skills to complete a video production successfully:
- Technical (writing, visual storytelling, image creation, and non-linear digital editing)
- Creative (critical thinking skills about filmmaking and arts practice)
- Management (team leadership, working in groups, planning for production)
The process is intentionally multi-faceted. By encouraging new work with a uniquely Asian Canadian perspective, new media works by young filmmakers who represent the community will contribute to diverse voices and content on screen.
Fill out this application form in full before Wednesday, July 9, 2014 – 5pm
The Summer Youth Video Production Workshop is a collaboration between Reel Asian and Charles Street Video.
Thank you to our Sponsors: