TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of: FESTIVALS COORDINATOR *Lead candidate identified* Deadline: September 29th, 2010.
This will be an exciting year for TIFF that will be marked by the opening of TIFF Bell Lightbox, our new home and the world’s premiere centre for film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto’s cultural history.
Reporting to the Director, TIFF Bell Lightbox Festivals and Events and the Manager, Festival Programme Administration, the Festivals Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating various administrative tasks associated with the planning and execution of both Sprockets Toronto International Film Festival for Children and the Toronto International Film Festival.
For Sprockets and the Toronto International Film Festival:
• Working with Submissions, including Withoutabox, and Interactive to update the official submissions materials and process;
• Working with Interactive to update the official invitation package;
• Researching film titles and assisting with film tracking as necessary;
• Running and maintaining programming lists;
• Updating film records in database;
• Coordinating the invitation process, including generating and disseminating film invitations;
• Attending Prog List and Production meetings;
• Reviewing and approving all rejection letters;
• Inputting and proofing of film schedules for any printed schedule publications and the TIFF website;
• Coordinating programming-related special events, including contra dinners;
For the Toronto International Film Festival:
• Liaising with Festival programmers re: their deliverables;
• Coordinating the move of Festival Programming and Programme Administration to the Festival’s host hotel.
• Pre-screening and overseeing pre-screeners;
• Coordinating and executing Jump Cuts Young Filmmakers Showcase;
• Administrative support for Sprockets Young People’s Juries;
• Secure OFRB film rating certificates;
• Assisting Director, Festivals and Events in the planning and execution of other events as necessary.
Start Date: October 4, 2010
• Knowledge of the film industry and world cinema;
• Excellent organizational skills, with an exceptional focus on logistics coordination, and a keen eye for detail;
• Precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Able to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Excellent phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal strengths;
• Proficiency with computers and applications (including Microsoft Office Suite and FoxPro or similar relational database);
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Degree or diploma in Film Studies considered an asset;
• Previous festival or event management experience considered an asset;
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on September 29, 2010 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Festivals Coordinator
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF gratefully acknowledges the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario, for its support of organization-wide human resource initiatives.