Front of House/ Venue Manager for the 2012 Images Festival
DEADLINE: FRIDAY 9 MARCH 2012
The Images Festival, based in Toronto and now in its 25th year, features Canadian and international film, video and related new media, installations and live performances. Our 10-day festival combines theatrical exhibitions with gallery-based media art installations and features symposia, artist retrospectives, special curated programs and publications alongside an annual selection of artist film and video. North America’s largest exhibitor of independent and experimental moving image culture is seeking a Front of House/ Venue Manager.
This position will work in a collaborative environment to plan and execute a successful 2012 Festival (April 12-21) involving multiple exhibition sites and events with artists, the public, corporate and community partners. Images is a dynamic workplace and annual forum for excellence and innovation in the contemporary media arts.
This one month contract position acts as the venue Manager for our festival venues, coordinating our box office systems and working closely with on site interns, volunteers, staff and board to successfully manage our public face by providing excellent customer service and management.
The Front of House / Venue Manager’s responsibilities include:
• Management and development of box office systems in conjunction with festival staff;
• Prepare worksheets & reporting forms for each event’s attendance, ticket & merchandise sales;
• Coordination of venue logistics; program protocols;
• Supervision + management of on-site box office, in tandem with Operations + Development Manager;
• Open and close box office for each screening, stock float, tally event sales & attendance totals, provide daily reports to Operations + Development Manager who will reconcile and deposit;
• Supervision of advance ticket sales at box offices during festival;
• Liaise with staff a t venues (TBC) to coordinate front-of-house systems;
• Manage general set-up and tear down of front of house for screenings (putting up signage, setting up and taking down info table);
• Overseeing & maintaining Media sign-in systems when required;
• Supervision of interns and volunteers for box office + venues.
• Provide a Venue Manager Post Mortem Report within 30 days of contract termination;
• Provide feedback, suggestions and/or recommendations to the Executive Director and/or Board
Qualifications: Experience, Skills, Knowledge + Abilities:
• Minimum two (2) years experience with front of house/venue management;
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and challenging environment;
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting;
• Organized, detail-oriented and able to problem solve;
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize;
• Able to work flexible hours when needed;
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
• Strong communication, written and organizational skills are imperative.
• This is a one-month contract with a combination of part time and full time hours to be confirmed; rate of pay is approximately 18-21$ per hour (commensurate with experience) for approximately 80 hours.
** Please note: the schedule includes full time hours: April 12-April 21, 2012.
Deadline for applications: Friday 9 March 2012 @ 5 PM
Start date: late March 2012
Kindly apply in writing and note where you saw this posting in your cover letter:Hiring Committee, Front of House Manager
The Images Festival
448-401 Richmond Street West Toronto Ontario M5V 3A8
Facsimile: (416) 971 7412
Email: employment @ imagesfestival.com (please attach PDF or RTF files only)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
*The Images Festival is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected as finalists will be contacted.