TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) is looking for a part-time Film Circuit Intern. Application Deadline: March 25, 2011. Contract Dates: April 18 to July 8, 2011.This will be an exciting year for TIFF as they present unique programming in a new home and the world’s premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, the Film Circuit Intern position is an opportunity to increase your knowledge of Canadian and International independent film, distribution and the Toronto International Film Festival as a whole.
• Mailing promotional materials to Film Circuit groups across Canada
• Assessing the promotional needs of Film Circuit groups
• Updating the Film Circuit website
• Maintaining office files
• Responding to email inquiries from various Film Circuit groups
• Filing and maintaining promotional and other materials
• Assisting the Administrative Assistant, Film Circuit and/or the Canadian Initiatives team with various tasks as requested
• Understanding of the Film Circuit’s activities: interest in film distribution, grassroots film publicity
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, previous customer/client service experience is an asset
• High computer proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
• Superior organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Contract Dates: April 18 to July 8, 2011. Intern will be expected to work three days per week during regular business hours (days negotiable), and some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on FRIDAY MARCH 25, 2011 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: FILM CIRCUIT INTERN
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
See the TIFF website for the full job posting. Please note in your cover letter that you saw this job posting on the Reel Asian Blog.