Reel Asian’s Telefilm Talent to Watch application is now open! Reel Asian will select an applicant that the festival will recommend to Telefilm’s Talent to Watch program. Guidelines, eligibility and the required elements requested can be reviewed here.
The submission window is from December 14, 2018 – January 18, 2019. To be eligible to apply:
- Key members of the project’s creative team must be alumni of the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival:
Producers aren’t required to be alumni or active members of the designated partner institute (but must still be emerging talent)
- Key members must be emerging talents:
They must already have produced, directed and/or written at least one short film (i.e. 30 minutes or less) but must not have produced, directed or written a feature length film (i.e. 75 minutes or more)
• As long as key members are emerging and have not already held the position to which they have applied for the program, they will be considered eligible (e.g. if a producer has produced a feature but is now directing)
- Projects must be in English
- Key members must be Canadian residents
Please compile all mandatory application elements (and any applicable additional elements) into a Google drive folder. Email the “share” link (please adjust your folder settings for viewing access) of that folder to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2019 at 5PM.
Should you require assistance please contact email@example.com and include “Talent to Watch” in subject title but please make note of our holiday hours.